[openstack-dev] [nova] Question about force_host skip filters

Rui Chen chenrui.momo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 09:05:40 UTC 2015

Hi:

   If we boot instance with 'force_hosts', the force host will skip all
filters, looks like that it's intentional logic, but I don't know the
reason.

   I'm not sure that the skipping logic is apposite, I think we should
remove the skipping logic, and the 'force_hosts' should work with the
scheduler, test whether the force host is appropriate ASAP. Skipping
filters and postponing the booting failure to nova-compute is not advisable.

    On the other side, more and more options had been added into flavor,
like NUMA, cpu pinning, pci and so on, forcing a suitable host is more and
more difficult.

Best Regards.