[openstack-dev] [nova] Priority resizing instance on same host

Rui Chen chenrui.momo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 07:01:12 UTC 2015

Hi:

    Currently, resizing instance cause migrating from the host that the
instance run on to other host, but maybe the current host is suitable for
new flavor. Migrating will lead to copy image between hosts if no shared
storage, it waste time.
    I think that priority resizing instance on the current host may be
better if the host is suitable.
    The logic like this:

if CONF.allow_resize_to_same_host:
    filte current host
    if suitable:
       resize on current host
    else:
       select a host
       resize on the host

    I don't know whether there have been some discussion about this
question. Please let me know what do you think. If the idea is no problem,
maybe I can register a blueprint to implement it.

Best Regards.