[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Lets keep our community open, lets fight for it

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 11 20:52:30 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-11 14:06:23 -0600 (-0600), Brian Curtin wrote:
> If people feel it's a negative or uncomfortable environment, find
> out why and try to do something to improve it. Telling someone
> that there are worse options out there is the opposite of
> fostering an open community.

Fair point--I was merely agreeing that sometimes in an effort to
keep the community healthy it's necessary to discuss topics which
may make some participants uncomfortable and may escalate into
heated debate. I certainly didn't mean to imply that we should
endeavor to be more like any other particular community, only that
we shouldn't be afraid to do so when it's required (and that we're
decidedly tame when we do, compared to a lot of other possible
examples).
--
Jeremy Stanley