[openstack-dev] [Congress][Delegation] Google doc for working notes

Tim Hinrichs thinrichs at vmware.com
Wed Feb 11 17:01:26 UTC 2015

Hi all,

A (growing) group of folks are interested in working on the problem of delegating policy from Congress to domain-specific policy engines.  We started looking at an NFV use case: migrating VMs to reduce energy consumption.  In particular we’re looking into building a VM-placement policy engine built on top of a linear programming solver.  Here’s a doc with some working notes where we’re trying to figure out how to do the translation from Congress policy to the linear program.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ksDilJYXV-5AXWON8PLMedDKr9NpS8VbT0jIy_MIEtI/edit?usp=sharing

Tim