[openstack-dev] [vmware][nova] Prevent HA configuration with different hostnames

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 16:35:39 UTC 2015

Le 11/02/2015 17:04, Gary Kotton a écrit :
> I posted a fix that does not break things and supports HA.
> https://review.openstack.org/154029

Just let's be clear, HA is *not* supported by Nova now.

The main reason is that compute *nodes* are considered given by the
hypervisor (ie. the virt driver ran by the compute manager worker), so
if 2 or more hypervisors on two distinct machines are getting the same
list of nodes, then you would have duplicates.

-Sylvain

> On 2/11/15, 5:55 PM, "Matthew Booth" <mbooth at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/02/15 15:49, Gary Kotton wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I do not think that that is a healthy solution. That effectively would
>>> render a cluster down if the compute node goes down. That would be a
>>> real
>>> disaster. The ugly work around is setting the host names to be the same