[openstack-dev] Cross-Repo Dependencies in Zuul

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Wed Feb 11 16:33:12 UTC 2015

Amrith Kumar <amrith at tesora.com> writes:

> This is awesome news!
>
> If I understand correctly, your description of "multiple changes"
> describes cases where a single change depends on multiple changes. My
> question is related to one-to-one dependencies in the form A -> B ->
> C.
>
> I'm assuming that this is supported as well in the case where, for
> example, A and C are in one repository and B is in another repository,
> yes?

Yes and yes.  When writing the "multiple changes" section, I was
describing how you can make A->B and A->C.  If you're curious, that gets
serialized as B,C,A.

A->B->C works as well (and of course is serialized as C,B,A).  The
enqueuing function is recursive, so, well, it works up to the Python
stack limit.  :)

-Jim