[openstack-dev] Filtering by metadata values

Miguel Grinberg miguel.grinberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 04:35:26 UTC 2015

Hi Angus,

Yeah, I missed the new Nova tags, they do seem very similar to Heat’s tags.

I should have been more clear when we discussed this on IRC regarding the API-WG position on filtering. I was aware of the lack of guidelines on filtering, and being an active member of the API-WG team I consider this a good opportunity to add more content on this topic.

The closest thing that we have in API-WG is a sorting guideline, which gathered very positive reviews. Some aspects of it, such as the structure of the URL arguments, can be adapted to filtering, so maybe I should take all this information and try to come up with generic filtering guidelines that Heat can use and API-WG can publish.

Thanks!

Miguel