[openstack-dev] [nova] release request for python-novaclient

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Feb 10 15:19:03 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 07:25 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 02/09/2015 10:55 PM, Michael Still wrote:
> > The previous policy is that we do a release "when requested" or when a
> > critical bug fix merges. I don't see any critical fixes awaiting
> > release, but I am not opposed to a release.
> >
> > The reason I didn't do this yesterday is that Joe wanted some time to
> > pin the stable requirements, which I believe he is still working on.
> > Let's give him some time unless this is urgent.
>
> Going forward I'd suggest that we set a goal to do a monthly nova-client
> release to get fixes out into the wild in a more regular cadence. Would
> be nice to not have this just land as a big bang release at the end of a
> cycle.

We review the changes in Oslo libraries weekly. Is there any reason not
to do the same with client libs? Given the automation in place for
creating releases, I think the whole process (including release notes)
is down to just a few minutes now. The tagging script is in the
openstack-infra/release-tools repository and I'd be happy to put the
release notes script there, too, if others want to use it.

Doug