[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] nova api.fault notification isn't collected by ceilometer

yuntong yuntongjin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 03:34:41 UTC 2015

On 2015年02月10日 05:12, gordon chung wrote:
> > In nova api, a nova api.fault notification will be send out when the when there
> > is en error.
> >http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/api/openstack/__init__.py#n119
> > but i couldn't find where they are  processed  in ceilometer,
> > an error notification can be very desired to be collected, do we have plan to
> > add this, shall i need a bp to do that ?
> there's a patch for review to store error info:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/153362/
>
> cheers,
> /gord/
Yep, that's what i'm looking for, thanks,
another notification from nova that is missed in ceilometer is info from
nova api:
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/notifications.py#L64
this notify_decorator will decorate every nova/ec2 rest api and send out
a notification for each api actions:
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/utils.py#L526
from which will send out notification like: "%s.%s.%s" % (module, key,
method) ,
and no notification plugin in ceilometer to deal with them.
Let me know if i should file a bug for this.
Thanks,

-yuntong