[openstack-dev] [cinder] Feature Freeze Exception Request - bp/linux-systemz

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 18:23:06 UTC 2015

On 17:31 Mon 09 Feb     , Andreas Maier wrote:

> Hello,
> I would like to ask for the following feature freeze exception in Cinder.

Cinder is not in a feature freeze at the moment [1].

>    Additional notes: The code in Nova patch set
>    https://review.openstack.org/149256 is consistent with this patch set,
>    but a decision to include them in kilo can be made independently for
>    each of the two patch sets: The Nova patch set enables FCP storage for a
>    compute node with KVM on System z, while the Cinder patch set enables
>    Cinder services to run on System z Linux.

If it's not landing in Nova for Kilo [2], I'd rather not target it for Kilo in
Cinder. We're already really packed for K-3, and it's not useful without the
Nova piece. Please resubmit for L-1 in Cinder.

[1] - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-January/055719.html
[2] - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/libvirt-kvm-systemz

--
Mike Perez