[openstack-dev] [mistral] mistral actions plugin architecture

Filip Blaha filip.blaha at hp.com
Mon Feb 9 15:43:58 UTC 2015

Hi all,

regarding to [1] there should be some plugin mechanism for custom
actions in Mistral. I went through code and I found some introspection
mechanism [2] generating mistral actions from methods on client classes
for openstack core projects. E.g. it takes nova client class
(python-novaclient) and introspects its methods and theirs parameters
and creates corresponding actions with corresponding parameters. The
same for other core projects like neutron, cinder, ... However the list
of  these client classes seems to be hardcoded [3].  So I am not sure
whether this mechanism can be used for other projects like murano client
to create murano related actions in mistral? Or is there any other
pluggable mechanism to get murano actions into mistral without
hardcoding in mistral project?

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mistral/Blueprints/ActionsDesign#Plugin_Architecture

[2]