[openstack-dev] [oslo][nova][cinder] removing request_utils from oslo-incubator

Rochelle Grober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Wed Feb 4 23:31:32 UTC 2015

Doug, thanks for responding so quickly to this.  I had flagged it and was searching for just this email.

Ankit, thanks for raising the issue.  It *is* key.

I agree with Doug that this should be a cross-project spec.  Right now, Glance is moving in this direction, but as many have seen on the mailing list, request-id mappings are getting more discussion and are a hot request from operators.

It would be great if Ankit could write the cross-project spec by taking his nova work and genericizing it to be useable by multiple projects.

My biggest question for a cross-project spec like this is how do we get the attention and eyeballs of the right people in the individual projects to look at and comment on this?

Perhaps we can start with Oslo liaisons?  Any other ideas?  We are moving to introduce more and more cross-project needs as we try to make OpenStack more useable to both developers and users.

--Rocky