[openstack-dev] [tc] do we really need project tags in the governance repository?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Feb 4 15:40:26 UTC 2015

On 2015-02-03 22:12:09 -0500 (-0500), Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 01/27/2015 01:15 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
[...]
> > I agree with your statement that summary reference metadata is
> > useful. I agree with Doug that it is inappropriate for the TC to
> > assign it.
[...]
> Originally, I proposed that the tag data be managed by the
> project-config-core team in much the same way that new
> Gerrit/Jeepyb project applications are handled.

For the same reasons that the TC is uncomfortable making these
decisions about what tags to assign to what repos I am
uncomfortable, as part of the Infra team e.g. "project-config-core"
in Gerrit, being the decision making body on whether a repo contains
"production ready" software, has sufficient testing, is thoroughly
documented, is security-audited and keeps up with their
vulnerability reports, et cetera. Acting as a gatekeeper and proxy
for the actual stakeholders (User Committee/Operators, QA team, Docs
team, VMT/OSSG, and so on) is probably okay but does sound a bit
tedious.
--
Jeremy Stanley