[openstack-dev] [Nova] log request-id mappings implementation

Agrawal, Ankit Ankit11.Agrawal at nttdata.com
Wed Feb 4 10:17:03 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have submitted a patch in Nova [1] to log request-id mappings between cross projects which is a prerequisite for cinder-spec 'Return request ID to caller' [2] to be completed.

This patch will extract cinder's request-id returned from cinder-client's response headers and will log it with corresponding nova's request id.
To log these request-id mappings earlier we were planning to use oslo-incubator's "request_utils" module based on the patch [3]. Since "request_utils" has been removed recently from oslo-incubator [4], I have moved "link_request_ids" method from "request_utils" to nova utils.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/152820/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/132161/6
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/69538/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/150370/

We've also submitted a cinder-client patch to return request-id which is under review.
cinder-client patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/152075/

I am seeking early feedback from the community for the approach I am using so please let me know your opinions on the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Ankit Agrawal

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence
for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged,
confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient,
please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete
and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying
or forwarding.