[openstack-dev] The API WG mission statement

Ryan Brown rybrown at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 13:28:39 UTC 2015

On 01/30/2015 06:18 PM, Dean Troyer wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Everett Toews
> <everett.toews at rackspace.com <mailto:everett.toews at rackspace.com>> wrote:
>
>     What is the API WG mission statement?
>

> It's more of a mantra than a Mission Statement(TM):
>
> Identify existing and future best practices in OpenStack REST APIs to
> enable new and existing projects to evolve and converge.

Identify existing and future pragmatic ideals in OpenStack REST APIs to
enable new and existing projects to evolve and converge.

I like it, but I'd like to get "pragmatic" in there somewhere. Just to
be clear we aren't just looking for pie-in-the-sky ideals, but ones that
can apply now/in the future.

> Tweetable, 126 chars!
>
> Plus, buzzword-bingo-compatibile, would score 5 in my old corporate
> buzzwordlist...
>
> dt
>
> (Can you tell my flight has been delayed? ;)
>
> --
>
> Dean Troyer
> dtroyer at gmail.com <mailto:dtroyer at gmail.com>

Ryan Brown / Software Engineer, Openstack / Red Hat, Inc.