[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Logs format on UI (High/6.0)

Simon Pasquier spasquier at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 2 09:42:05 UTC 2015

Hello,
(resurrecting this old thread because I think I found the root cause)

The problem affects all OpenStack environments using Syslog, not only
Fuel-based installations: when use_syslog is true, the
logging_context_format_string and logging_default_format_string parameters
aren't taken into account (see [1] for details).
The issue is fixed in oslo.log but not in oslo-incubator/log (See [2]).
Depending on when the different projects synchronized with oslo-incubator
during the Juno timeframe, some of them are immune to the bug (from the
Fuel bug report: heat, glance and neutron). As such the bug will affect all
projects that don't switch to oslo.log during the Kilo cycle.

BR,
Simon

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.log/+bug/1399088
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/151157/