[openstack-dev] [neutron][ml2] How to get compute host details

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 08:49:17 UTC 2015

ML2 makes the hostname available in the context it passes to the drivers
via the 'host' attribute.[1] This is the only thing Neutron knows about the
compute node using the port.

1.
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/plugins/ml2/driver_api.py#L776

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 10:11 PM, Harshada Kakad <harshada.kakad at izeltech.com
> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am developing ml2 driver and I want compute host details while creation
> of ports. I mean to say is, I have multi node setup and when I launch VM I
> want to get deatils on which compute node does this VM got launced while
> creation of ports. Can anyone please help me on this.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> --
> *Regards,*
> *Harshada Kakad*
> *--------------------------------------------------------------------*
> *Sr. Software Engineer*
> *C3/101, Saudamini Complex, Right Bhusari Colony, Paud Road, Pune –
> 411013, India*
> *Mobile-9689187388*
> *Email-Id : harshada.kakad at izeltech.com <harshada.kakad at izeltech.com>*
> *website : www.izeltech.com <http://www.izeltech.com>*
>
> *****Disclaimer*****
> The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment(s) to this
> message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may
> contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information of Izel
> Technologies Pvt. Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
> notified that any review, use, any form of reproduction, dissemination,
> copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
> e-mail message, contents or its attachment(s) is strictly prohibited and
> you are requested to notify us the same immediately by e-mail and delete
> this mail immediately. Izel Technologies Pvt. Ltd accepts no liability for
> virus infected e-mail or errors or omissions or consequences which may
> arise as a result of this e-mail transmission.
> *****End of Disclaimer*****

Kevin Benton