[openstack-dev] [Nova][Glance] Xenplugin + Glance_v2 = Hate

Bob Ball bob.ball at citrix.com
Wed Dec 30 21:12:03 UTC 2015

Hi Mikhail,

Unfortunately I completely agree that using Glance with the XenServer plugin is painful.  As Keven pointed out, the current release of XenServer includes python 2.4 in dom0 (where the plugin runs) so having a dependency on nova.image or glanceclient is likely to introduce more pain than it might solve.

I would prefer approach 2; if we can reduce the amount of logic in the glance plugin and move it into the XenAPI driver in Nova then I think that would be a very good thing.

We would, of course, be interested in helping fix the plugin to support glance v2, so we should sync up on IRC in the new year (bobball)

Bob