[openstack-dev] How to add feature to diskimage-builder

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed Dec 30 18:28:40 UTC 2015

Excerpts from George Shuklin's message of 2015-12-29 09:16:52 -0800:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying add a small feature to one of the elements in
> diskimage-builder (https://github.com/openstack/diskimage-builder/pull/10/)
>
> I have experience with gerrit and openstack bugfix workflow, but I have
> no idea how to add small enhancements.
>
> Dev guide says I need to add blueprint (how?) and follow the guides for
> the project. But I can't find any dev guides specific for diskimage-builder.
>
> What should I do? (Or may be I can just submit changes for review
> without noting blueprint/spec?).

If a feature can be completed with a small amount of patches, we don't
need a spec IMO. Specs are more about building community consensus
around _big_ changes that may affect many users or have large
cross-cutting ripple effects in the code.

Looking at your patch, I'd expect that with some adjustments via the
normal review process it would be accepted as-is.