[openstack-dev] [kolla] Adding Ubuntu Liberty to Kolla-Mitaka

Canonical Calendar james.page at canonical.com
Tue Dec 29 17:29:18 UTC 2015

> On 29 Dec 2015, at 08:51, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
>
>> On 12/28/2015 05:16 PM, Steven Dake (stdake) wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> I have received significant feedback that the lack of Ubuntu binary
>> support is a problem for Kolla adoption.  Still, we had nobody to do the
>> work, so we held off approving the blueprint.  There were other reasons
>> such as:
>>
>>  * There is no delorean style repository for debian meaning we would
>>    always be installing Liberty with our Mitaka tree
>
> While its true that Canonical isn't providing packages between releases,
> I am doing so in Debian: I do publish each and every beta releases of
> OpenStack backported for Jessie on non-debian-official repositories.

Actually Canonical does provide packages between releases for Ubuntu 14.04 - the cloud archive is populated from the start of the Mitaka release cycle - the first Mitaka milestone is currently working through QA and testing but you can get early visibility using the following PPA:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-cloud-archive/mitaka-staging

Cheers

James