[openstack-dev] [Openstack-dev][Manila] running tox py27 - unit tests - very slow - can i run it in parts?

Knight, Clinton Clinton.Knight at netapp.com
Tue Dec 22 14:51:12 UTC 2015

@Matt:  The Manila team is writing new 1st-party drivers that should be
much faster & more reliable in the gate.

@Nidhi: Here are a couple more suggestions for working with unit tests
more efficiently:

1. Use PyCharm.  You can set up test configurations to run unit tests on a
single file or a directory, and you can also step through unit tests in
the debugger.

2. Use concurrency.  Using Ubuntu in a VM on my 4-core laptop, I can run
Manila's run_tests.sh script with "--concurrency 4" in ~35 seconds.

Clinton