[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [IPv6] [radvd] Advertise tenant prefixes from router to outside

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Mon Dec 21 18:23:56 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 12:54 PM, Vladimir Eremin <veremin at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> As far as I understand Address Scopes, end user’s algorithm will be next:
> 1. Administrator creates an address scope and associate an IPv6 subnet pool with it.
> 2. Administrator creates Public shared network’s subnet from this subnet pool.
> 3. Tenant user creates tenant network from this subnet pool and connect it to Public shared network with router
> 4. OpenStack advertises prefix to the external interface of the router.

Yes, this sounds like the right way to do it.  As long as we implement
step 4 to be address scope aware, what you describe here will work.

There is some flexibility to attach multiple subnet pools to the same
address scope.  This would allow a particular tenant to have exclusive
access to a pool under the right scope.

Carl