[openstack-dev] FW: Manila Bug - Need design decision help - - https://bugs.launchpad.net/manila/+bug/1503390

nidhi.hada at wipro.com nidhi.hada at wipro.com
Mon Dec 21 12:20:07 UTC 2015

Hi all.

I am working on bug 1503390. (status=None while delete is in progress

)

I was doing analysis of problem and found that yes its there.

I reproduced it.

Now the two solutions proposed..

1)Either say the status as deleting for such snapshots ?

2)lets not list such snapshots in list ..

I see that

If we implement solution1 .. then it doesn't work as .....

we reach the same Situation of (snapshot present but snapshot_instance absent)

in two cases

When snapshot is deleted and when snapshot is created ...

Now if I set status as deleting(to be shown in list for snapshots with no snapshot_instances)

it will be a wrong information when we are creating the snapshot.

And list function - can not differentiate state (snapshot present but snapshot_instance absent)

whether its due to creation or deletion.  PCIIMW...

Another way to do this is .. let create delete path set the status to a special state .

which if list operation obtains .. can understand how to interpret it ...

But setting status also is not possible as status resides in snapshot_instances table ..

row for which is not created yet in create path .. we can not set staus ...!!!

Do you think that

STATUS_NEW = 'new'
STATUS_CREATING = 'creating'
STATUS_DELETING = 'deleting'
STATUS_DELETED = 'deleted'
STATUS_ERROR = 'error'
STATUS_ERROR_DELETING = 'error_deleting'
STATUS_AVAILABLE = 'available'
STATUS_ACTIVE = 'active'
STATUS_INACTIVE = 'inactive'>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
STATUS_MANAGING = 'manage_starting'
STATUS_MANAGE_ERROR = 'manage_error'
STATUS_UNMANAGING = 'unmanage_starting'
STATUS_UNMANAGE_ERROR = 'unmanage_error'
STATUS_UNMANAGED = 'unmanaged'
STATUS_EXTENDING = 'extending'

Do you think that setting state as some neutral state like state_inactive ..
will help?
it will be same in both creation and deletion path ?

so should we go with 2nd solution ? lets not show such shares in list ?

Thanks

Nidhi