[openstack-dev] [nova][RFC] A base patch for live migration(list/show/cancel/pause)

少合冯 lvmxhster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:20:05 UTC 2015

Now,

I have notice:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/258771/  (list/show migration)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/245921/   (pause migration)

introduce the a new controller:  ServerMigrationsController.
As we all know, the following  cancel patch will also need it.

Also the above patches are not a small patch, so it will take some times to
be well reviewed.

In order to avoid duplicated code, and one depends on others to long.

So I suggest to split the ServerMigrationsController as separated

And it's better simple.

So the define  list/show/cancel/pause as HTTPNotImplemented. as follow link:
http://paste.openstack.org/show/482387/
It is a good way to sync our work.

Notes: in both list and pause migration patch, they define:
ALIAS = 'os-server-migrations'
policy:
"os_compute_api:os-server-migrations:force_complete": "rule:admin_or_owner",

They are not right.

'os_compute_api:servers:migrations:show', and the default permission is
admin only.

please see this spec.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/255122/8/specs/mitaka/approved/live-migration-progress-report.rst

we should know migrations is the sub-collection of servers.
And only Admin care  migration.
Owner should not care which host their VM is on.

BR
Shaohe Feng