[openstack-dev] [neutron][stable] proactive backporting

Rossella Sblendido rsblendido at suse.com
Mon Dec 21 09:51:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

thanks Ihar for the etherpad and for raising this point.
.

On 12/18/2015 06:18 PM, Ihar Hrachyshka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just wanted to note that the etherpad page [1] with backport candidates
> has a lot of work for those who have cycles for backporting relevant
> pieces to Liberty (and Kilo for High+ bugs), so please take some on your
> plate and propose backports, then clean up from the page. And please
> don’t hesitate to check the page for more worthy patches in the future.
>
> It can’t be a one man army if we want to run the initiative in long term.

I completely agree, it can't be one man army.
I was thinking that maybe we can be even more proactive.
How about adding as requirement for a bug fix to be merged to have the
backport to relevant branches? I think that could help

> [1]: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stable-bug-candidates-from-master
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ihar
>
> Miguel Angel Ajo <mangelajo at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I thought that may be, some of the work Ihar is proposing, could be
>> automated.

Yes indeed! We can do that.

cheers,

Rossella