[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] Gerrit Upgrade to ver 2.11, completed.

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Dec 18 21:29:30 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-18 12:12:26 -0500 (-0500), Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 12/17/2015 10:17 PM, Brian Haley wrote:
[...]
> >Trying to copy text from a review no longer works easily.  When I
> >highlight text there's a little "bubble" pop-up of {press c to comment},
> >which seems to interfere with both my three-button mouse copy buffer, as
> >well as Ctrl-C.
[...]

That was one of the first things I noticed too. Maybe those of us
who rely on the old-style X11 paste buffers are becoming fewer and
fewer as the years go on. Might want to report it at
https://code.google.com/p/gerrit/issues/list if it's not already
there, and maybe it'll get fixed in the next upgrade we do.

> My suggestion is to use Gertty instead.

Yep, the above-mentioned X11 text clipboard breakage basically
convinced me to spend even more time in Gertty. Not only does the
latest release have it's own kill ring (copy/paste), but I can also
use tmux's copy and paste features as well. Less time touching the
mouse means more efficient reviewing for me!
--
Jeremy Stanley