[openstack-dev] [doc] DocImpact vs. reno

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Dec 18 18:03:50 UTC 2015

Recently noticed that a new job ended up on all nova changes that was
theoertically processing commit messages for DocImpact. It appears to be
part of this spec -
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/mitaka/review-docimpact.html

First, a heads up would be good. Nova burns a lot of nodes (i.e. has a
lot of patch volume), so this just decreased everyone's CI capacity
noticably.

Secondly, this all seems like the wrong direction. We've got reno now,
which is extremely useful for documenting significant changes in the
code base that need to be reflected up. We've dropped UpgradeImpact for
an upgrade comment in reno, which is *so* much better.

It seems like using reno instead of commit message tags would be much
better for everyone here.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague