[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Solar] SolarDB/ConfigDB place in Fuel

Oleg Gelbukh ogelbukh at mirantis.com
Fri Dec 18 16:00:33 UTC 2015

Hi,

The idea behind configdb is that it is independent component that defines
data flows between other components of the system. It has no knowledge
about those components or specifics of their data. Data formats are defined
by components themselves via schemas/templates and can be changed at any
time (i.e. don't require code changes).

Important 'pro' having ConfigDB separate from Solar is that it will
simplify transition from current Fuel architecture by breaking it into more
definite stages and reducing the number of components Solar have to be
integrated with.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Gelbukh