[openstack-dev] Cleaning Up Deprecation Warnings in the Gate

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Fri Dec 18 10:57:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 07:46:00PM -0500, Matthew Treinish wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 03:03:01PM -0500, gord chung wrote:
> >

> > On 10/12/15 12:04 PM, Matthew Treinish wrote:
> > >Using this query to see how many deprecation warning we emit on jobs running on
> > >master in the past 7 days:
> > >
> > >http://logstash.openstack.org/#dashboard/file/logstash.json?query=message:%5C%22deprecated%5C%22%20AND%20loglevel:%5C%22WARNING%5C%22%20AND%20build_branch:%5C%22master%5C%22
> > >
> > >it found 17576707 hits. I don't really see any reason for us to be running dsvm
> > >jobs on master using deprecated options.
> > >
> > >We're looking for some people to volunteer to help with this, it isn't something
> > >that's very difficult to fix.
> > we're discussing it over at #openstack-keystone. this should stop some of
> > them: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256078/
> >

> > i think most of them are coming from apache/keystone.txt
> >

> Cool, thanks for getting the ball rolling with this. A good chunk of them were
> definitely coming from keystone. Although in the case of keystone eventlet we're
> still running the postgres-full jobs with keystone in eventlet, so we'll still
> have deprecation warnings there. (maybe we should stop using eventlet there)
> But, this will definitely remove them from the other jobs.
>
> I created a gerrit topic for all these patches:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack-dev/devstack+branch:master+topic:stop-using-deprecated-options,n,z
>
> if people are going to push up other changes to do this feel free to add
> them there so we can review them from one place.

I changed the topic of this review a week ago, it fixes some deprecation
warnings related to Heat's keystone configuration:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/254755/

It has one +2, and I've proven it works via the heat gate here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256315/

If anyone has bandwidth to review and help land 254755 I'd appreciate it,
thanks!

Steve