[openstack-dev] [neutron]how to import neutron module file for other official project ?

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Fri Dec 18 10:36:53 UTC 2015

P. Ramanjaneya Reddy <ramanjieee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> how to import neutron module file for other official project ?
>
> Consider import neutron-lib to be use..
>
> https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lib/blob/master/neutron_lib/exceptions.py
>
> What needs to be modify in official project to make it work?
>

> Getting below error:
>
>   File "neutron_classifier/common/exceptions.py", line 19, in <module>
>
>     from neutron_lib import exceptions as exc
>

> ImportError: No module named neutron_lib

Apparently you did not add neutron-lib to the list of dependencies for your
project. Note that neutron-lib is under active development, and it did not
have a formal release yet; so if you feel like depending on it, you will
need to grab the code via git, like we do in *aas repos to grab
neutron/master [1][2].

Personally, I would not recommend you to depend on neutron-lib right now.
It does not provide stable API that you may want to base on right now.

[1]: https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lbaas/blob/master/tox.ini#L11
[2]:
https://github.com/openstack/neutron-lbaas/blob/master/tools/tox_install.sh

Ihar