[openstack-dev] [telemetry][ceilometer][aodh] Only support sql for alarm data

liu sheng liusheng1175 at 126.com
Fri Dec 18 04:36:54 UTC 2015

Hi operators and developers,

We have support dedicated dabase for alarm data[1], that allow deployers to config ceilometer distributing alarm data to a separate database. And In liberty, we have splitted out the alarming service as a separate project Aodh from Ceilometer tree. Continue from Ceilometer implementation, we now support mongodb, Hbase, sqalchemy storage drivers for alarm data, but, we agree to deprecate the mongodb and Hbase support for alarm data and only keep sql. The reasons and advantages for this change have been described in the proposal[2]. we will deprecate them in this release cycle and try to provide data migration tool for migrating data from mongodb/Hbase to sql, and remove the mongodb and Hbase support in future O* cycle.

For now, I want to confirm the effect about this change of your current deployment/products, appreciate your feedback.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ceilometer/+spec/dedicated-alarm-database
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/258283/2/specs/mitaka/only-support-sqlalchemy-in-aodh.rst

Best regards
Liu sheng