[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] Gerrit Upgrade to ver 2.11, completed.

Drew Varner avarner at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 17 22:42:04 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-16 16:24, openstack-dev-request at lists.openstack.org wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for their patience while we upgraded to Gerrit
> 2.11.  I'm happy to announce that we were able to successfully
> completed this task at around 21:00 UTC.  You may hack away once more.
>
> If you encounter any problems, please let us know here or in
> #openstack-infra on Freenode.

I have encountered severe user interface problems.

Arrow keys and pageup/pagedown don't scroll correctly. Instead, it's
stuck in a hack version of caret browsing mode (even when my browser is
not set to caret mode). The scroll bar is very difficult to use, because
it uses a reimplemented quarter-width semitransparent scroll bar widget
instead of the operating system's correct scroll bar widget.
Fortunately, the mouse wheel scroll still works correctly, aside from
leaving a lingering header at the top of the page that never scrolls away.

The "review" button used to open its own page to post a review. This has
been replaced by a "reply" button, which only opens a modal div in the
same page. The modal div pretends to be a popup window, without the
ability to be moved or resized, as a popup window can be.

The old list of reviewers was better, because it was a table that showed
each reviewer, and their status. Now, reviewers are shown for each
status in a horizontal list. Also, given a person's name, it's more
difficult to tell where they stand in the review (before, a reviewer's
statuses were all in a single row of the table). Now, it is necessary to
search each list, which is hard because each list is horizontal. I can
see this being more useful for reviews where there are a hundred
reviewers, and it is more important to quickly see who is -1 or -2, to
address their comments. However, I've never seen a review that big on
this site.

Regards,
Drew Varner