[openstack-dev] [kolla][nova] Orchiestrated upgrades in kolla

Michał Jastrzębski inc007 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 17:02:52 UTC 2015

Hey,

Since our instances (and qemu) is in different container than nova
services, there is no reason (specific to kolla) to meddle with them.
Ofc it would be required if you'd like to upgrade qemu, but that's
beyond scope of this change. For now we assume that project upgrade
won't affect running vms, or if that is the case, operator will have
to migrate it himself (or herself). Problem is with orchiestraded
ansible it will require a bit more tinkering to run playbook on just
one node (namely one we migrated from), but that's doable. Our default
upgrade strategy assumes that there is no downtime causing change.

Michal