[openstack-dev] [magnum] Magnum conductor async container operations

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Thu Dec 17 16:10:18 UTC 2015

Suro,

FYI. In before, we tried a distributed lock implementation for bay operations (here are the patches [1,2,3,4,5]). However, after several discussions online and offline, we decided to drop the blocking implementation for bay operations, in favor of non-blocking implementation (which is not implemented yet). You can find more discussion in here [6,7].

For the async container operations, I would suggest to consider a non-blocking approach first. If it is impossible and we need a blocking implementation, suggest to use the bay operations patches below as a reference.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/171921/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172603/
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172772/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/172773/