[openstack-dev] [oslo][keystone] Move oslo.policy from oslo to keystone

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Thu Dec 17 10:36:32 UTC 2015

Le 16/12/2015 20:33, Davanum Srinivas a écrit :
> Brant,
>
> I am ok either way, guess the alternative was to add keystone-core
> directly to the oslo.policy core group (can't check right now).
>
> The name is very possibly going to create confusion
>
> -- Dims

I heard some people consider that "OpenStack" and "Oslo" are two
projects with different goal and two separated developer groups.

It's sad that the purpose of Oslo is misundestood :-/ Oslo project is
working for OpenStack. Oslo developers collaborate closely with all
OpenStack subprojects, they take care of backward compatibility, they
work to reduce the technical debt, and they regulary help to fix Oslo
issues in other projects. So Oslo doesn't only produce code and break
code for free, Oslo developers are also consumers of Oslo code and make
sure that everything works fine.

Sorry, this email is not really related to the Keystone discussion, it's
just to share my feelings on Oslo.

Victor