[openstack-dev] [Fuel] PostgreSQL 9.3 and JSON operations

Evgeniy L eli at mirantis.com
Thu Dec 17 09:09:35 UTC 2015

Hi,

Since older Postgres doesn't introduce bugs and it won't harm new features,
I would vote for downgrade to 9.2

The reasons are:
1. not to support own package for Centos (as far as I know 9.3 for Ubuntu
is already there)
2. should Fuel some day be a part of upstream Centos? If yes, or there is
even small probability that
    it's going to be, we should be as much as possible compatible with
upstream repo. If we don't
    consider such possibility, it doesn't really matter, because user will
have to connect external
    repo anyway.

Since we already use Postgres specific features, we should spawn a separate
thread, if
we should or shouldn't continue doing that, and if there is a real need to
support mysql
for example.

Thanks,