[openstack-dev] [gate] any project using olso.db test_migrations is currently blocked

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 16 18:32:57 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-16 11:03:38 -0700 (-0700), Carl Baldwin wrote:
[...]
> We need to vet new package releases before they wreak havoc.  We need
> to accept new package releases by proposing a patch to update the
> version and take it through the gate.  Weren't we working on this at
> one point?  I understand if it isn't quite possible to do this yet but
> we need to be working toward this and accelerating our efforts rather
> than lashing out at package maintainers.
[...]

Yes, it's progressing nicely. DevStack-based jobs are already
covered this way for master and stable/liberty, and Neutron is
piloting the same solution for its other non-DevStack-based jobs. If
Nova's unit test jobs were already switched to their
upper-constraints equivalents then there's a chance this wouldn't
have impacted there (though we still need to work out the bit where
we run a representative sample of jobs like neutron/nova unit tests
on proposed constraints bumps to block any with this sort of impact,
right now we're really just relying on
devstack-tempest/grenade/other integration test jobs as canaries).

Anyway, the solution seems to be working (modulo unforeseen issues
like people thinking it's sane to delete their latest releases of
some dependencies from PyPI) but it's a long road to full
implementation.
--
Jeremy Stanley