[openstack-dev] [magnum] Removing pod, rcs and service APIs

Cammann, Tom tom.cammann at hpe.com
Wed Dec 16 13:20:33 UTC 2015

I have been noticing a fair amount of redundant work going on in magnum, python-magnumclient and magnum-ui with regards to APIs we have been intending to drop support for. During the Tokyo summit it was decided that we should support for only COE APIs that all COEs can support which means dropping support for Kubernetes specific APIs for Pod, Service and Replication Controller.

Egor has submitted a blueprint[1] “Unify container actions between all COEs” which has been approved to cover this work and I have submitted the first of many patches that will be needed to unify the APIs.

The controversial patches are here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/258485/ and https://review.openstack.org/#/c/258454/

These patches are more a forcing function for our team to decide how to correctly deprecate these APIs as I mention there is a lot of redundant work going on these APIs. Please let me know your thoughts.

Tom

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/magnum/+spec/unified-containers