[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Solar] SolarDB/ConfigDB place in Fuel

Jedrzej Nowak jnowak at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 16 13:13:25 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 12:40 PM, Bogdan Dobrelya
<bdobrelia at mirantis.com> wrote:
> Data resources shall fill the configdb by results of the fetched data
> shaped by data processors aka serializers. The shaping process assumes
> applying of all versioning and schema transformations knowledge required
> to convert data from external sources into expected end state to make it
> consumable by the Policy Engine.
[..]
> Anyway, a
> solar resource just cannot be used without other solar components.

It depends what would be their usage, we could make them "like KV
store" with external access with some simple existing protocol (no
transactions, no bulk operations etc). Also it should be limited only
to DRs. Then we will have it's data, and PE would be responsible for
correct connections, DP - like in f2s - still could be possible/valid
in this case.
But as I said, it all depends on use cases.

Warm regards,
Jędrzej Nowak