[openstack-dev] [Fuel] PostgreSQL 9.3 and JSON operations

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 16 09:30:37 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-16 10:14, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> On 2015-12-16 08:23, Mike Scherbakov wrote:
>> We could consider downgrading in Fuel 9.0, but I'd very carefully
>> consider that. As Vladimir Kuklin said, there are may be other users who
>> already rely on 9.3 for some of their enhancements.
>
> That will be way too late for that, as it will make upgrade procedure
> more complicated. Given no clear upgrade path from 7.0 to 8.0, it sounds
> like perfect opportunity to use what is provided by base distribution.
> Are there actual users facilitating 9.3 features or is it some kind of
> Invisible Pink Unicorn?
>
> Bartłomiej

I also want to remind that we are striving for possibility to let users
do 'yum install fuel' (or apt) to make the magic happen. There is not
much magic in requiring potential users to install specific PostgreSQL
version because someone said so. It's either supporting the lowest
version available (CentOS 7 – 9.2, Ubuntu 14.04 – 9.3, Debian Jessie –
9.4, openSUSE Leap – 9.4) or "ohai add this repo with our manually
imported and rebuilt EPEL package".

>From what I understand, we are using 9.2 since the CentOS 7 switch. Can
anyone point me to a bug caused by that?

BP