[openstack-dev] [oslo] stable/liberty branch needed for oslo-incubator

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Dec 15 16:49:17 UTC 2015

On 12/13/2015 10:33 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
> On 14 December 2015 at 15:28, Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>>

>> I don't have a pressing need to backport something right now, but as long as
>> there was code in oslo-incubator that *could* be synced to other projects
>> which wasn't in libraries, then that code could have bugs and code require
>> backports to stable/liberty oslo-incubator for syncing to projects that use
>> it.
>
> I thought the thing to do was backport the application of the change
> from the projects master?
>
> -Rob

Unless the rules changed, things from oslo-incubator were always
backported to stable oslo-incubator and then sync'ed to the stable
branches of the affected projects. This is so we wouldn't lose the fix
in stable oslo-incubator which is shared across other projects, not just
the target project consuming the fix from oslo-incubator.

Matt Riedemann