[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Different versions for different components

Aleksandra Fedorova afedorova at mirantis.com
Tue Dec 15 11:21:51 UTC 2015

Roman,

we use 8.0 version everywhere in Fuel code _before_ 8.0 release. We
don't use bump&tag approach, rather bump version, run a development
and test cycle, then create release and tag it.

In more details:

1) there is a master branch, in which development for upcoming release
(currently 8.0) happens. All hardcoded version parameters in master
branch are set to 8.0.

2) at Soft Code Freeze (which is one week from now) we create
stable/8.0 branch from current master. Then we immediately bump
versions in master branches of all Fuel projects to 9.0.
Since SCF we have stable/8.0 branch with 8.0 version and master with
9.0, but there is still bugfixing in progress, so there might be
changes in stable/8.0 code.

3) On RTM day we finally create 8.0 tags on stable/8.0 branch, and
this is the time when we should release packages to PyPI and other
resources.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Roman Prykhodchenko <me at romcheg.me> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I can see that version for python-fuelclient package is already [1] set to
> 8.0.0. However, there’s still no corresponding tag and so the version was
> not released to PyPi.
> The question is it finally safe to tag different versions for different
> components? As for Fuel client we need to tag 8.0.0 to push a Debian package
> for it.
>

> 1. https://github.com/openstack/python-fuelclient/blob/master/setup.cfg#L3
>

> - romcheg

Aleksandra Fedorova