[openstack-dev] [neutron] - availability zone performance regression and discussion about added network field

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 17:25:02 UTC 2015

On 13 December 2015 at 23:01, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, as I'm starting to understand the use case, I think it would actually
> make more sense to add an AZ-network mapping table. Then whatever
> implementation can populate them based on the criteria it is using
> (reference would just do it on agent updates).

I guess this would be leading to have AZ being first class (ie. being in a
table of its own) and associate it 1-N to agents and N-M to networks. It
might not be worth going down this path for killing the performance penalty
introduced by this feature, though it might be worth considering the model
change to accommodate other features where we could extend the grouping to
other resources like L2.