[openstack-dev] [glance][keystone][artifacts] Service Catalog name for Glance Artifact Repository API

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Mon Dec 14 15:40:56 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Ian Cordasco <ian.cordasco at rackspace.com>
wrote:

> On 12/14/15, 02:18, "Kuvaja, Erno" <kuvaja at hpe.com> wrote:

We've got Identity's port 35357 reserved:

openstack-id       35357       tcp    OpenStack ID Service
[Rackspace_Hosting]                                   [Ziad_Sawalha]
                                         2011-08-15

Despite the reservation it still caused issues since this port is in
Linux's default range for ephemeral ports. So some other process might get
this port before keystone did and then keystone would fail to start.

Also note that this is the "admin" port, which keystone only needs for v2
(to be deprecated) since we've got policy support in v3.

Just goes to show that we shouldn't be using distinct ports for web
services, put them on a path on :443 or :80 like the web was designed for.

- Brant