[openstack-dev] [all] tox 2.3.0 broke tempest jobs

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Dec 12 17:26:28 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-12 16:51:09 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> No, it won't, since upper-constraints is merely used to constrain
> requirements lists.

I take that back, the pip_install function in DevStack applies
upper-constraints.txt on anything it installs, but regardless it's
misleading to try to pin it in upper-constraints.txt because that
won't help any of the numerous other jobs which may use constraints
but rely on preinstalled tox. Also I've confirmed that tempest jobs
do still seem to be working fine in our CI, and don't seem to be
unconditionally upgrading the preinstalled tox version. For the
benefit of people running DevStack themselves downstream, Ryan's
https://review.openstack.org/256620 looks like a more sensible
temporary workaround.
--
Jeremy Stanley