[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Pin some puppet dependencies on git clone

Jaume Devesa devvesa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 20:50:37 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Today TripleO CI jobs failed because a new commit introduced on
puppetlabs-mysql[1].
Mr. Jiri Stransky solved it as a temporally fix by pinning the puppet
module clone to a previous
commit in the tripleo-common project[2].

source-repositories puppet element[3] allows you to pin the puppet module
clone as well by
adding a reference commit in the source-repository-<element-name> file. In
this case,
I am talking about the source-repository-puppet-modules[4].

I know you TripleO guys are brave people that live dangerously in the
cutting edge, but I think
the dependencies to puppet modules not managed by the OpenStack community
should be
pinned to last repo tag for the sake of stability.

What do you think? I can take care of this.

[1]:
https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppetlabs-mysql/commit/bdf4d0f52dfc244d10bbd5b67efb791a39520ed2
[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/256572/
[3]: