[openstack-dev] [nova] Contribution to improve Nova's config option space

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Thu Dec 10 18:21:11 UTC 2015

In case you are one of the people who are already working on patches
for this, you might have observed a merge conflict with your patches
in the last days. Ed Leafe and I are working on a approach to reduce
that. It's basically a list of placeholders in the file
"nova/conf/__init__.py" in the form of comments like this:
    # import nova.conf.configdrive
    # import nova.conf.rdp
    # import nova.conf.spice
    # import nova.conf.keymgr
When you rebase your changes on that patch and remove the appropriate
comment sign you should be saver for merge conflicts. We are still
working on that patch and aim for the next few days. Ping me in IRC
if you have questions (I'm not around at Dec. 11th(FRI) + 15th (TUE)).

Regards and thanks for your efforts, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)