[openstack-dev] [Neutron][QA] New testing guidelines

Assaf Muller amuller at redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 01:26:35 UTC 2015

Today we merged [1] which adds content to the Neutron testing guidelines:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/devref/development.environment.html#testing-neutron

The document details Neutron's different testing infrastructures:
* Unit
* Functional
* Fullstack (Integration testing with services deployed by the testing
infra itself)
* In-tree Tempest

The new documentation provides:
* Examples
* Do's and don'ts
* Good and bad usage of mock
* The anatomy of a good unit test

And primarily the advantages and use cases for each testing framework.

It's short - I encourage developers to go through it. Reviewers may
use it as reference / link when testing anti-pattern pop up.

Please send feedback on this thread or better yet in the form of a
devref patch. Thank you!

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/245984/