[openstack-dev] ML2 TypeManager question

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 17:55:36 UTC 2015

It does not appear to be used. I suspect maybe the original intention is
that this could be passed to the type driver which might do something
special depending on the tenant_id. However, the type driver interface does
not include the tenant_id in 'allocate_tenant_segment' so we should either
update the type driver interface to include that or just remove it from
create_network_segments.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 9:28 AM, Sławek Kapłoński <slawek at kaplonski.pl>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Recently I was checking something in code of ML2 Type manager
> (neutron.plugins.ml2.managers) and I found in TypeManager class in method
> create_network_segments that to this method as argument is passed
> "tenant_id"
> but I can't find where it is used.
> Can someone more experienced explain me why this tenant_id is passed there
> and
> where it is used? Thx in advance :)
>
> --
> Pozdrawiam / Best regards