[openstack-dev] [nova] stable/liberty 12.0.1 release planning

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Dec 9 15:45:24 UTC 2015

On 12/9/2015 8:44 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

> On 12/9/2015 3:46 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
>> Matt Riedemann wrote:
>>> We've had a few high priority regression fixes in stable/liberty [1][2]
>>> so I think it's time to do a release.
>>> [...]
>>
>> You probably mean 12.0.1 ?
>>

> Err 12.1.0, yeah. Since we've had dependency updates in stable/liberty I
> thought that made it a minor version bump to 12.1.0.

Talked about this in the release channel this morning [1]. Summary is as
long as we aren't raising the minimum required version of a dependency
in stable/liberty, then the nova server release should be 12.0.1. We'd
only bump to 12.1.0 if we needed a newer minimum dependency, and I don't
think we have one of those (but will double check).

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-release/%23openstack-release.2015-12-09.log.html#t2015-12-09T15:07:12

Matt Riedemann